Lynette: "I'm, I'm, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."
我,我对不起,我不该这么说。
Carolyn: "Yeah, you shouldn't have."
你的确不应该。
"Lynette Scavo had a dream that night. It was one she'd had many times before."
勒奈特那天晚上做了个梦。那是一个曾多次涌现的梦境。
Dream
Lynette: "Hey! Mary Alice, are you okay?"
嘿,玛丽.爱丽丝,你还好吗?
Mary Alice: "Yes, thank you. I'm fine."
很好,谢谢关心,我很好。
Lynette: "Okay. I'll see you later."
好的,再见
"But this night, something changed."
但这晚,梦境并非一如既往。
Lynette: "No, you're not. I can tell. Please, tell me what's wrong. Let me save you."
不,你不好,我看得出来。拜托,告诉我发生了什么?让我来帮你。
Mary Alice: "You can't."
你帮不了的。
Lynette: "Why not?"
为什么不能?
Mary Alice: "Sweetie, we can't prevent what we can't predict."
亲爱的,对于无法预料的事,我们无能为力。
Lynette: "Isn't there anything I can do?"
真的走投无路了吗?
Mary Alice: "Yes. Yes. You can enjoy this beautiful day. We get so few of them."
有,好好享受这美好的一天,珍惜一切。
"This was the last time Lynette would ever dream of me, and for her sake, I am grateful."
这是勒奈特最后一次梦到我,感谢她,为我指点迷津。
出处:头条号 @泠子英语