Vern: "So, I've got some fabulous news."
有个非常好的消息要告诉你。
Gabrielle: "Well, I hope it's more fabulous than this dress. I look like something Ike Turner would hit."
希望比这条裙子要好。我穿成这个样子恐怕只有老头子才会勾搭。
Vern: "You're gonna have to find yourself another personal shopper."
你得再找一位私人采购员了。
Gabrielle: "What, I slam one dress, and you quit on me?"
我不过就讽刺了一条裙子,你就不干了?
Vern: "No, that's my news. I'm leaving the store and starting my own business."
不,我就是要跟你说这件事。我要离开这家商店,自己创业了。
Gabrielle: "Beauty by Vern. You're opening up a salon? God, could you get any gayer?"
“韦恩美容院”,你开了一家沙龙?天啊,你还能再有基情些吗?
Vern: "It's a consulting firm for beauty pageant contestants.
那是专门针对选美参赛者的咨询公司。
Gabrielle: "And the answer's yes."
那好吧。
Vern: "This week, I'm coaching little girls for the Miss Snowflake pageant. It's very rewarding. Hey, you know what might be fun? If you come down and give a talk. You know, give the kids some pointers."
本周我要给参加“雪花小姐”比赛的女孩们指导。报酬丰厚哦。你知道什么最有趣吗?如果你能来上课的话,给小姑娘们一些指导。
Gabrielle: "Vern, I worked the catwalks in Milan and Paris. I'm not gonna give makeup tips to little miss training bra."
韦恩,我以前是专门在米兰和巴黎走秀的。我可没兴趣教那些小娃娃。
Vern: "You have been in rare bitch form. It's been months now, so don't blame it on your cycle."
你最近表现得真是个贱妇。都持续几个月了,所以可别赖你的生理期。
Gabrielle: "Don't call me a bitch, and stop tracking my cycle. I told you that freaks me out."
不准叫我贱人,也别研究我的生理期了。你这样很变态。
Vern: "I'm just saying you've been very cranky today. What's going on?"
我不过是说,你今天很暴躁。发生什么事了?
Gabrielle: "The divorce decree came through today. Carlos is officially out of my life."
今天离婚判决书下来了。卡洛斯正式从我的生活中消失了。
Vern: "Oh, honey. The girls' ages range eight to twelve. We meet every Thursday in the rec room of the Elks Lodge."
亲爱的,那些女孩的年龄都在8到12岁之间。我们每周四在麋鹿小屋的康乐室见面。
Gabrielle: "I'm not doing it."
我不会接这个活的。
Vern: "You need a project. That's your problem, you're bored. And you know what the cure for that is...helping others."
你需要一份工作。那正是你的问题所在,你太无聊了。知道怎么才能不无聊吗?帮助他人。
Gabrielle: "Fine. I'll do it. But I want this dress for free."
好吧,我去。但我希望你送我这条裙子。
Vern: "Evil! You said you hated it."
真是个魔头,你刚才不是说不喜欢吗?
Gabrielle: "And I hate helping others, too, but I'm doing that, aren't I?"
我还不喜欢帮助他人呢,不是照样也答应了。
出处:头条号 @泠子英语