“tired”是指“疲惫”的意思,但是“tired”不足以表示筋疲力尽的感觉。
有的朋友会说“very tired”, 哈哈,这个是okay的,但是我们今天分享一些高级的表达,甚至是一些俚语。
exhausted 极其疲惫的;精疲力竭的 adj.
By the time they reached the summit they were exhausted.
他们登到山顶时,已经精疲力竭了。
exhaust 使精疲力竭;使疲惫不堪 v.
The long journey exhausted the children.
长途旅行后,孩子们疲惫不堪。
fagged 非常疲倦的;劳累的;厌倦的
英式表达,也可以说fagged out
We were all absolutely fagged out.
我们全都累垮了。
I can't be fagged to do sth. ……
指“让我做某事,我可吃不消”
I can't be fagged to help with his homework all afternoon.
让我整个下午帮他做作业,我可吃不消。
fatigue 疲惫,劳累 n.
She was suffering from fatigue.
她劳累不堪。
fatigue 使极度疲劳 v.
The journey had fatigued him. 旅途令他劳累不堪。
tucker out 变得困倦疲惫,尤其指在长时间体力活动之后
Hopefully the kids will tucker out if we let them run around outside for long enough.
希望孩子们能够感到十分困倦,如果我们让他们在外面跑很长时间。
I started tuckering out only halfway through the hike.
我徒步到一半的时候就感到十分累了。
worn out 筋疲力尽的;极累的
I've been working all night and I'm worn out.
我整晚都在工作,已经筋疲力尽了。
weary (尤指长时间辛苦工作后)筋疲力尽的,极为疲倦的
I think he's a little weary after his long journey.
我想他在长途旅行后有些疲倦了。
Here, sit down and rest your weary legs.
来,坐下歇歇脚。
frazzled 精疲力尽的;疲惫不堪的
It was a stressful day at work and by 5.00 I was completely frazzled.
我今天工作非常紧张,5点钟的时候就精疲力尽了。
played out 筋疲力尽的
I'm about played out, Jack - it's time I retired.
我几乎筋疲力尽了,杰克——我该退休了。
washed out(感觉或看上去)极为疲惫的,筋疲力尽的
I have to wearmake-up in the winter or I look completely washed out.
冬天我不得不化一点妆,否则看上去会十分憔悴。
spent 疲惫的
We arrived home spent after our long journey.
长途旅行之后,我们回到家时已疲惫不堪。
出处:头条号 @饼哥英语口语