Hi, Li. The car's outside. Are you ready for our camping trip? Have you packed?
你好,莉。车已经在外面了。你准备好开始露营旅行了吗?你收拾好行李了吗?
Yes. I'm excited Neil. This is my first camping trip!
好了。尼尔,我现在很激动。这是我第一次去露营旅行!
I have the plastic forks and spoons... and plates... and the cups that you told me to get…
我准备了塑料叉子和勺子,还有盘子,还有你让我带的杯子……
Good. I have a couple of pans and a small gas cooker. And I've got the tent and sleeping bags...
太好了。我带了几个锅和一个小的瓦斯炉。我还带了帐篷和睡袋……
Oh Neil, how about my TV? I can't miss my favourite programmes!
哦,尼尔,我的电视呢?我不能错过我最喜欢的电视节目!
A TV?! Well... OK.
电视?嗯……好吧。
And... I can't sleep without my goose feather pillow. Actually, I use two of them.
还有,没有我的鹅毛枕我就不能睡觉。实际上,我带了两个。
Pillows? OK...
枕头?好吧……
And chairs... We have to take my comfortable chair. And... and my lovely soft rug.
我还带了椅子……我们必须要带着我舒服的椅子。还有我柔软的地毯。
A rug?! What?! You want to take everything but the kitchen sink!
地毯?什么?!你想带的东西太多了!
Oh, the sink? I might need a sink, Neil, but I think it might be difficult to move it.
哦,水槽吗?尼尔,我可能会需要水槽,但是我想要是移动它会很困难。
No, Li!
不是的,莉!
In English, when we say 'take everything but the kitchen sink', we mean: take far more things than we need.
在英语中,我们说take everything but the kitchen sink的意思是带了太多东西,远远超我们的需要。
Ah. So you think I might be taking far more things than necessary.
啊,所以你认为我带的东西可能远远超过了我的需要。
Yes, Li.
是的,莉。
出处:头条号 @零食英语