在公司的微信交流群里,有时和老外文字聊天的时候,对方会发来三个字母“HMU”,意思就是有些事打字儿说起来太慢,还是电话联系吧。还有一次,我们要外出开会,但小刘慢慢腾腾的总磨蹭,外教Lawrence就来了一句“Hit him up, or we shall be late for the meeting. ”
看到这儿有的同学就该琢磨了,难道是嫌小刘动作太肉,要把他“打起来?” 其实这里用到了一个短语“hit somebody up”就是与某人联系、找到某人或催促某人的意思啦。所以这里老外是在说“催他快点,否则我们开会就要迟到了。”
hit up
na. 催促;加速;〈美〉乞求;请求;跟某人联系、联络
【En】
To go to a particular place.
去一个特定的地方。
To contact someone or something.
联系某人或某事。
hit somebody up for something
向(某人)索要;与(某人)联系
【En】
If you hit somebody up for something, especially for money, you ask them for it.
如果你hit someone up for something,就指你就是向某人索要某物,尤其是钱。
To make contact with (someone), often with a view to receiving money, a favour, etc.
与(某人)联系接触,通常为了得到钱或帮助等。
• They hit up Hector for the last $250.
他们向赫克托索要最后的250美元。
• Did he hit you up for cash again?
他又找你要钱了吗?
【活学活用 give an example】
• You can hit me up anytime in while I'm home.
我在家的时候,你可以随时来找我。
• Hit him up, or we shall be late for the train.
快去找他(催他快一点),不然,我们就赶不上火车了。
• Oh no, here comes Jodie. He's going to hit me up for cash again.
喔,糟糕,朱迪过来了!她又要找我借钱了!
• Please make sure you hit me up whenever you're in town.
无论你什么时候进城,一定要记得跟我联络喔!
• Hit me up if you wanna hang out.
如果你想出去玩,可以随时联系我。
• I gave that cute boy my number and told him to hit me up sometime.
我把我的号码给了那个可爱的男孩,让他找个时间打电话给我。
• I'm hitting up the public library for two.
我要去公共图书馆找两个人。
• Don't hit him up for anything else but breakfast.
除了早饭外,甭向他提出别的啥要求。
• Let's hit up the mall—I'm sure we can find a present for her there.
我们去购物中心吧,我肯定能在那里给她买到礼物。
• She hit me up for $20.
她向我要20美元。
• Hit me up whenever you need help.
任何时候你需要帮助就来找我。
• She tried to hit me up for a loan till payday, but I didn't have any money to give her.
她想向我借笔钱直到发薪日,但我没有钱给她。
• Stop hitting me up for money when you already owe me $500!
你已经欠我500美元了,别再来找我要钱了!
• He quickly hit up 20 runs.
他很快就赢得20分。
出处:见配图水印