Edie: "You kicked ass in rehab today."
你今天在康复中心表现得真不错。
Mike: "Yeah, I raised my arm over my head. Sign me up for the Olympics."
是啊,我可以把胳膊举过头顶了。让我参加奥运会吧。
Edie: "Oh, be patient. It takes time."
耐心点,这需要时间。
Nurse: "Ms. Britt? Phone call for you at the nurses' station."
布利特小姐,护士站有个电话找你。
Edie: "For me? Huh. I'll be right back."
找我?我马上回来。
Edie: "There's a phone call for me?"
有电话找我?
Mike: "Susan? What are you..."
苏珊,你在......
Susan: "Shh! I thought you could use some fresh air."
你需要一些新鲜空气。
Edie: "Hello? Hello? It's Edie."
你好,你好,我是伊迪。
Mike: "What the hell is this? Who's he?"
这是怎么了?他是谁?
Susan: "Oh, this is Hank, and he has very kindly offered to take us on a little field trip today for sixty bucks an hour."
这是汉克,是个好心人,带我们去郊区散散心。每小时60美元。
Mike: "Where are you taking me?"
你要带我去哪?
Susan: "Uh, just a little jaunt down Memory Lane."
小小的回忆之旅。
Mike: "Oh, God, you're not taking me to that fish and disco place, are you?"
天,你不会要带我去那个海鲜铺和跳迪斯科的地方吧?
Susan: "No, no. What we're doing today is a little more low-key. Don't worry. You're totally safe. We're not doing anything wrong."
不,不,今天的主题很低调。别担心,你很安全。我们没有做错任何事。
Susan: "Punch it!"
快开车。
Susan: "And when I locked myself out of the house, that's where the bush was that you found me in. Naked. Surely you remember that."
当我把自己关在门外的时候,你就在那边的灌木丛发现了我。赤裸着身子,你肯定印象深刻。
Mike: "Nope."
不记得。
Susan: "Ouch, that hurts. Um, okay, remember this spot? This is where we sat in your truck and had our first kiss."
这可太伤人心了。好的,记得这个地方吗?就在这儿,我们坐在你的皮卡里,第一次接吻。
Mike: "Were you naked then, too?"
你那次也裸体吗?
Susan: "Mike, why are you being this way?"
麦克,你为什么会这样子?
Mike: "Because this is pointless. I'm, I'm sorry. I can't. I don't remember being with you."
这实在没有帮助,很抱歉,我不能。我记不起跟你在一起时的情景。
Susan: "Okay, I know it's hard, but you gotta make an effort, and, you know, if your head is a little foggy, then don't look there. Look in your heart, because I'm in there, just like you're inside mine. Okay, um, this is Mary Alice's house and this is where we first met. I was setting out my macaroni and cheese, and you were invited--Oh! Ow!"
好的,我知道这很难。但你得努力,你头脑模糊,就不要去想它。从心里去找,因为我在那里。就像你在我心里一样。好的,这是玛丽.爱丽丝的屋子,这是我们初识的地方。我把我的通心粉和奶酪放在餐桌上,而你正在,喔,哇
Susan: "I'm good. Finally, a smile."
我没事,终于,你笑了。
Mike: "You do that a lot, don't you?"
你经常这样,是不是?
Susan: "Well, yeah, I've been known to take a spill or two, but, you know, my doctor says it's an inner ear--wait, you remember that?"
是啊,我是状况女王,早已为人熟知。我的医生说这是内耳......等下,你记得这个?
Mike: "Yeah, I think I do."
是的,我的确记得。
Susan: "Yes! That's progress! See? Oh, it's all gonna come back. We're gonna be us again!"
好极了,这就是进步,瞧见了没?你会好起来的。我们可以重拾旧好了。
Mike: "But what about the British guy?"
可是,那个英国人是怎么回事?
Susan: "Mike, I don't know what Edie's been telling you, but Ian and I, we're just friends."
麦克,我不知道伊迪跟你说了什么?但是我和伊恩只是朋友。
Mike: "Just friends?"
只是朋友?
Susan: "Yeah. Now. Look, you gotta understand. The doctors were telling me that you would probably never wake up, and I just needed somebody to talk to."
是的,现在是,你必须明白。医生告诉我说,你可能永远也醒不过了。我需要有个可以倾诉的人。
Mike: "And that's what you were doing in the country, talking?"
你在郊区就只是倾诉吗?
kick ass 厉害,了不起(俚语)
jaunt [dʒɔːnt]n.短途旅行
punch it 突然加速
出处:头条号 @泠子英语