Austin: Hey. Leave that alone.
别瞎弄。
Julie: Sorry, I was just turning it down.
我只是想关小声点。
Austin: What, you're not a music fan?
你不喜欢音乐吗?
Julie: Sure, it's just, um, got anything where a pimp isn't beating his ho.
当然喜欢,只是对这种风格不大感冒。
Austin: I'm Austin, Edie Britt's nephew.
我叫奥斯汀,是伊迪.布利特的外甥。
Julie: Oh. I'm Julie, Susan Mayer's daughter.
我叫朱莉,是苏珊.梅尔的女儿。
Julie: Anyway, I'm trying to do my homework so...
我刚刚正在做作业,所以......
Austin: On a Saturday? Well, make sure and take regular breaks and stop for a sensible dinner.
周六也有作业啊,那你可得定期休息,注意正常饮食啊。
Julie: Just keep it down. You had it really loud.
麻烦你把声音关小声一点,实在有点震耳欲聋。
Austin: That's how I like it. How do you like it?
我就喜欢这范儿。你不喜欢吗?
Julie: You know what? You're not that hot!
知道吗,你没那么火辣/性感。
Tom: Hey, whatcha doing (=what are you doing)?
你在干嘛?
Lynette: Oh, I'm working on a seating chart for Bree's wedding.
画布里婚宴的座位表。
Tom: Nora? Who invited her?
诺拉,谁邀请她的?
Lynette: I did. We need to find her another boyfriend and weddings are crawling with single men.
我。我们得帮她找个新男友。婚宴上总混杂着好多单身汉。
Tom: I hope you're not seating her next to any of my friends.
你没把她安排在我朋友堆里吧。
Lynette: Hey, sacrifices must be made, Tom!
我们不得不牺牲少数人,汤姆。
Tom: No, Jerry Rawlings, not Jerry Rawlings! She gets her psycho hooks into Jerry Rawlings, he will never speak to me again.
可也不能是杰瑞.罗林斯吧。要是她对杰瑞.罗林斯发疯,那他肯定再也不理我了。
Lynette: Oh, there are other urologists in the world. Go back to that other guy.
又不是只有一个泌尿科医生,你再另寻高人吧。
Tom: The one with the cold hands?
那个机灵鬼吗?
Lynette: Oh, it's once a year. Suck it up.
一年一次,忍忍就过去了。(一年找医生看一次)
Tom: Get a grip, Lynette.
理智点,勒奈特。
Lynette: Get a grip? I am hanging on for dear life, here. You are the one that brought this little problem into our family and the only thing I should be hearing from you is 'how can I help?' I am also putting Steve Hansen at her table so you might want to start shopping around for a new golf buddy.
理智点,我原本生活得好好的,是你把这个小麻烦领进家门,而我却只听到你的一句“我能帮上什么忙?”我准备把史蒂夫.汉森也安排坐在那桌。事成之后你就另寻高尔夫球友吧。
Lynette: Get a grip.
理智点。
pimp [pɪmp] n.=pander,淫媒,拉皮条的人;情夫;妓院老板;干坏事的人;告密者
ho n.妓女
Sure, it's just, um, got anything where a pimp isn't beating his ho.
当然喜欢,只是对这种风格不大感冒。
crawl with 爬满,布满
get sb's psycho hooks into sb.
英英:to control or influence someone very strongly, often in a way that is not good for them 通常以对他人不利的方式强烈地控制或影响某人
hook[hʊk] n.钩; 钓钩; 挂钩; 鱼钩; 钩拳
Jerry Rawlings是麦克看泌尿科的医生朋友
urologist [jʊˈrɑlədʒɪst] n.泌尿科医生
Suck it up.忍着吧,别抱怨了
get a grip 冷静点,理智点
英英:to calm down or regain one's composure
I am hanging on for dear life, here.
hang on坚持 整句:为了生活我一直坚持着。
start shopping around for 开始四处寻找
出处:头条号 @泠子英语