John: So they liked the landscaping I did here so much that they hired my company to do whole Sinclair Hotel chain.
他们很喜欢我设计的园景,所以雇佣我的公司负责所有辛克莱酒店的园艺。
Gabrielle: Your company? You have a company now?Oh, my Gosh, when I met you, all you had was a bike.
你的公司?你现在都有自己的公司了?天哪,当初认识你时,你只有一辆自行车。
John: Well, not only that, the, uh, Gardening Channel's approached me about hosting my own show. I mean, we're still in the talking stages, but... What?
还不止,园艺频道正在和我接洽让我搞一个自己的园艺秀。当然我们还正在洽谈中,怎么了?
Gabrielle: Nothing. I just... I can't get over how mature and confident you are.You've really changed.
没什么,我只是不敢相信你变得这么成熟自信。你真的变化很大。
John: Thanks. I was hoping you'd notice.
谢谢,一直希望你知道我的变化。
Gabrielle: So I guess, uh, there's no chance of getting you over to the house to pick the dead leaves off my Ficus.
我想现在不能让你再去帮我,给我捡落叶了。
John: Yeah, you know, I'm kind of past that. Besides, I don't think Mr. Solis would approve.
是的,我已经过了那个阶段了。再说,我想索利斯先生也不会同意的。
Gabrielle: Actually, we're getting a divorce.
其实,我们正打算离婚。
John: Wow, um, I'm. I’m really sorry to hear that.
很遗憾。
Gabrielle: Really? Then why are you smiling?
真的吗?那你笑什么?
John: I don't know. Why are you? Gabrielle... It's really great to see you.
我不知道,你笑什么?加布丽尔,见到你真的很高兴。
Gabrielle: Gabrielle. I think that's the first time you've ever called me that.
加布丽尔,你这是第一次这么叫我。
John: Well, um... I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay.
希望你在这儿玩得愉快。
Gabrielle: I intend to.
我会的。
出处:头条号 @泠子英语