分享个实用的短语“wait around (wait about)”, 猛一看就是“在附近等”，实际上它是“无所事事地干等、空等”的意思，这里的 around 和“hang around 闲荡、徘徊”里的意思如出一辙。
wait around / wait about
干等着；空等；无所事事地等; 等一会; 呆呆地等；
To stay in the same place and do nothing while you are waiting for something to happen, someone to arrive etc.
If you wait around or wait about, you stay in the same place, usually doing very little, because you cannot act before somethinghappens or before someone arrives.
如果你wait around或wait about，你呆在原地，通常很少做什么，因为你不能在某事发生之前或在某人到来之前采取行动。
To remain in some location or state while waiting for someone to do something or for something to happen.
● We'd better be going. We can't wait about like this any longer.
● Movie-making involves acting for ten minutes and then waiting around for two hours.
● I waited around to speak to the doctor.
● The attacker may have been waiting around for an opportunity to strike.
【Scenario Example 场景示例】
● We spent the whole day waiting around for something exciting to happen, but nothing did.
● He didn't wait around to wave goodbye.
● I'm waiting around the house until the doctor calls with the results of the test.
● Look, I understand that you're trying to figure out what you want to do with your life, but I'm not just going to wait around until then! I've got my own life that I want to lead.
● You can come with me if you want, but you'll be waiting around in the car most of the time while I do my errands.
● I don't want to wait around at home until you call.
● I'll wait around for you for an hour or so. I don't want to wait around.