Bree: Orson, I moved the furniture back!
奥森,我把家具搬开了。
Orson: Good lord, Bree, not again.
我的天哪,布里,不是又来了吧。
Bree: Don't you want our first dance to be perfect?There'll be two hundred people staring at us.
你不想我们的第一支舞跳得完美些吗?会有两百个人盯着我们看的。
Orson: You know, Bree, since that incident at our engagement party, there's been a lot of dark talk about me.
布里,自从我们订婚宴上出意外之后,已经有许多人在我背后说坏话了。
Bree: Well, I don't pay attention to gossip.
我才不在乎流言蜚语呢。
Orson: I'm just saying I would understand if you had second thoughts about marrying a man who is under a cloud.
我是指,如果你要重新考虑是否要嫁给我,我可以理解。
Bree: Well, no one who knows you could seriously believe that you could hurt a woman. Strangers may talk, but I know the truth.
任何人细想一番,都不会相信你可能去伤害一个妇女的。人云亦云,真相我心里清楚。
Orson: Really.
是吗?
Bree: Men have lied to me before. Believe me, it'ill never happen again.
我以前受过男人的欺骗,相信今后,他们再无得手的机会。
Orson: So, you trust me completely?
就是说你完全信任我喽。
Bree: Clearly, I do.
显而易见。
Coroner: The body is unusually well-preserved because it was buried in clay.
由于深埋于泥土,尸体保存完好。
Detective: Do we have a cause of death?
死因是什么?
Coroner: Blunt force trauma to the head.
头部遭受钝器击打所致。
Detective (to second Detective): I want you to pull all the missing persons reports. Cross-check against her height, age, and weight.
检查所有失踪人口报告。比对死者的身高、年龄和体重。
Coroner: I'm also running a DNA panel, since we won't be able to use her dental records.
我正在进行DNA取样,因为我们无法核对她的牙齿记录。
Detective: Why not?
为什么?
Coroner: Whoever killed her pulled out all her teeth.
罪犯拔掉了死者所有的牙齿。
under a cloud 有嫌疑,被怀疑
cross-check vt. 再确认;反复核对
出处:头条号 @泠子英语