用英文表达“您无需说得这样浅显!”
网友【english】 2021-05-27 01:09:08 分享在【美国信息交流】版块    13233    1    5

Susan: I think I will have the mesclun salad.

我就点什锦沙拉吧。

Ian: That's it? That's all you're having?

就这个,你就吃这些?

Susan (whispering): Well, all of the food is very expensive.

全都好贵啊。

Ian (whispering): You don't need to whisper. The waiter knows they're robbing us blind. You can have whatever you want.

你不必悄声。服务生知道这是宰人呢。你随便点吧。

Susan: In that case I'll have the lobster bisque and the veal with the black truffles. Is that okay?

那样的话,我就要龙虾浓汤,还有黑松露小牛肉。这样行吗?

Ian: Yeah, that's fine. I'll just have Jane moved to the VA Hospital.

很好,我会把简转移到弗吉尼亚医院的。

Susan: Oh my god!

我的天哪。

Ian: I'm kidding. It's fine. I'll have what she's having.

开玩笑的,没事啦。我和她一样。

Waiter: Of course. Thank you.

好的,谢谢。

Ian: God, I love seeing you laugh.

天哪,我最爱看你笑了。

Susan: Oh, well, it's been a long time since I've been in a mood to, thank you.

最近心情一直不太好,谢谢你。

Ian: Oh, dear God.

天哪。

Susan: Did I squeeze too hard?

是我握得太用力吗?

Ian: No, it's my wife's parents.

不,是我的岳父母来了。

Susan: Oh, oh, wow. Oh, is this going to be awkward?

喔,会很尴尬吗?

Ian: No, no, no. No, not unless, of course, they see us.

不,除非他们看见我们。

Jeff: Ian!

伊恩。

Ian: Awkward. Jeff, Renee, what, what a delightful surprise.

尴尬来了。杰夫,雷妮,太巧了。

Renee: It's so good to see you, dear.

很高兴见到你,亲爱的。

Renee: Hello, I'm Renee, and this is my husband, Jeff.

你好,我是蕾妮。这位是我的丈夫杰夫。

Susan: Susan Mayer.

我是苏珊.梅尔。

Ian: Doctor! Doctor Susan Mayer. She's new to Jane's neurology team.

医生,苏珊.梅尔医生。她刚加入神经科,为简治疗。

Renee: Oh, I just assumed you worked in Ian's publishing house.

我还以为你在伊恩的出版社工作呢。

Susan: Well, yes, and how nice that would have been, huh? Um, but, no, no, I'm a brain specialist.

是啊,如果是那样的话,得多好啊。不不,我是一名脑科专家。

Jeff: Oh, Dr. Mayer, maybe I can ask you. Our daughter's most recent EEG showed brain spikes? But it didn't change the score on her Glascow scan. Why is that?

那么,梅尔医生,也许我可以问一下,我们女儿近期的大部分脑电图显示出脑穗,不过这并没有改变格拉斯哥昏迷量表上的值。这是为什么呢?

Susan: What an excellent question.

问得好。

Susan: And this is the, uh, spinal cord. And it, of course, attaches to the brain.

这里是脊髓,当然它和大脑相连。

Jeff: You don't have to dumb it down for us, doctor. We've been dealing with Jane's condition for years.

你不用说得这么浅显,我们应付简的情况好几年了。

Susan: Oh, good. Um, I'm, um, well, then let's get technical.

很好,那来些专业的吧。

Ian: Let's give Dr. Mayer the night off. She was in surgery for ten hours today performing a craniotomy.

让梅尔医生今晚休息一下吧。她今天做了一个10小时的手术,是开颅术。

Renee: That's exactly the procedure Jane had. How'd it go?

简不也正好接受该治疗法吗?怎么样?

Susan: Uh, well, I, it just, wow. I hear my phone vibrating. (into her phone) Hello, Dr. Mayer. Yeah, what? You say that his brain shut off? Oh, I'll be right there, um, stat! (hangs up) I'm sorry, duty calls.

好吧,就是。我听到手机震动了。你好,我是梅尔医生。什么,你说他脑死亡了?我马上就到,待命。很抱歉,公事缠身。

mesclun [mezk'lʌn] n. 一种多叶的绿色植物的混合物, 通常包含莴苣, 用于制作沙拉凉菜。

rob sb. blind (俚语) 从某人那里骗得许多钱,敲某人竹杆,向某人索高价,多收钱

neurology [njʊˈrɑlədʒɪ] n.神经(病)学

EEG=Electroencephalogram[ɪˌlεktroεnˈsεfələgræm] n.脑电图

格拉斯哥昏迷评分法(GCS, Glasgow Coma Scale)是医学上评估病人昏迷程度的方法

dump sth. down 把复杂难懂的东西用简单易懂的方式解释

“Stat”(立即行动)=at once是表示紧急和速度的正式用语

出处:头条号 @泠子英语

meiguo.com 发布人签名/座右铭Follow Me!
大家都在看
楼主新近贴
回复/评论列表
默认   热门   正序   倒序
meiguo.com 创始人

emotion

5   2021-05-27 01:09:08  回复

回复/评论:用英文表达“您无需说得这样浅显!”

暂无用户组 升级
退出
等级:0级
美果:
美过

美国动态 美果转盘 美果商店

Your IP: 3.149.251.155, 2024-04-25 00:07:49

Processed in 0.75059 second(s)

头像

用户名:

粉丝数:

签名:

资料 关注 好友 消息
已有0次打赏
(5) 分享
分享
取消