Bree: "Two lemonades for the victors."
两杯柠檬水给获胜者。
Rebecca: "You keep playing like this, Bree, and we are a cinch for the finals."
布里,你继续这样打,我们最后会很有把握赢的。
Bree: "Hello, Tish."
你好,蒂什
Tish: "Hello, Rebecca."
你好,丽贝卡
Bree: "Did you see that? She just deliberately snubbed me."
你看见了吗,故意无视我。
Rebecca: "Maybe she didn't notice you."
也许她没注意到你。
Bree: "Rebecca, I just spoke to her. And call me paranoid, but Amy Griswold did the same thing to me on the golf course last week. What is going on?"
丽贝卡,我刚才和她说话了。你可以叫我妄想狂,但艾米.格里斯沃尔德在上周的高尔夫球课上也是这样对我。发生了什么事?
Rebecca: "You really don't know?"
你真的不知道?
Bree: "No! I have no idea. What?"
不,我不知道,是什么事?
Rebecca: "Tish is very good friends with Carolyn Bigsby."
蒂什是卡洛琳.比格斯比的好朋友。
Bree: "Carolyn knows Tish?"
卡洛琳认识蒂什?
Rebecca: "She knows everyone. Anyway, Tish won't talk to you because you married Orson, even after Carolyn told you that he killed his wife."
她谁都认识。不管怎么样,蒂什不想和你说话是因为你嫁给奥森,甚至在卡洛琳告诉你他杀死了他的妻子之后。
Bree: "That is ridiculous. Orson did not kill Alma. And besides, Carolyn just apologized to me for that yesterday."
太荒唐了,奥森没有杀阿尔玛。而且,卡洛琳昨天还为这事和我道歉了呢。
Rebecca: "Well, maybe that hasn't gotten back to Tish."
哦,那可能蒂什还不知道。
Bree: "Oh, you don't believe any of that nonsense, do you? Do you?"
你不会相信这些无稽之谈,对吧?对吧?
Rebecca: "Bree, you're the best doubles partner I’ve ever had. Can we talk about this after the tournament?"
布里,你是我遇到过的最好的双打搭档。联赛结束后我们再谈这件事好么?
Bree: "Hello. I'd like to make a reservation for this evening under the names Hodge and Bigsby, and, um, we'll be needing a table in the center of the room."
你好,我想预定一下今晚的座位,请写霍吉和比格斯比的名字。我们需要一张在中间的桌子。
cinch [sɪntʃ]n. 容易做成的事;确定的事;
We are a cinch for the finals.
出处:头条号 @泠子英语