用英语友善的质问骗子
网友【english】 2021-09-22 02:33:19 分享在【美国信息交流】版块    9982    1    1

Twin: "How long will daddy be gone?"

爸爸要离开多久?

Lynette: "Well, that sort of depends on daddy."

哦,那取决于你 爸爸。

Twin: "Are you two mad at each other?"

你们俩吵架了吗?

Lynette: "Yeah. A little. But that's okay. That's okay. We still love each other very much. But just like kids, sometimes grown-ups throw tantrums and need a time-out."

对,一点点,不过没关系。没关系,我们仍然彼此爱对方。但就像小孩,有时候大人发脾气,需要时间缓缓。

Twin: "Why can't he take a time-out in his room?"

为什么他不能在这间屋子里缓缓呢?

Lynette: "'Cause he decided to take it in his pizza place."

因为他决定在他的披萨店里缓缓。

Parker: "No fair. That sounds fun."

不公平。那听上去很好玩。

Lynette: "Not this pizza place. It's a rat hole. But once your dad comes to his senses and stops being petulant, he'll come home."

那不是披萨店,是个耗子洞。但一旦你爸爸理性回归了,停止使性子了,他就会回来了。

Twin: "What's petulant?"

什么是使性子?

Lynette: "It means childish, stubborn, careless with my money and your futures."

就是幼稚,固执,粗心大意的,对待我的钱和你们的前途。

Twin: "Huh?"

哈?

Lynette: "It's a grown-up word, and when daddy comes home, you'll learn a new one: grovel."

这是个大人的词汇,当爸爸回来时,你们就会学到一个新词——低声下气。

Kayla: "They got in a really big fight. Daddy's sleeping at the restaurant."

他们大吵了一架,爸爸睡着餐馆里了。

Nora: "No, no, it's good that you told me, sweet pea. You keep those little ears open, okay?"

不不,这很好你告诉了我,小豌豆。你要时刻留意,好么?

Kayla: "Okay. Bye, mom."

好的,再见,妈妈。

Nora: "Bye."

再见。

Nora: "So, do you sell by the slice, or do I gotta buy a whole pie?"

你这里是卖小块呢,还是我要买一整块?

Tom: "What are you doing here?"

你来这里干什么?

Nora: "I knew how hard you were working, so I figured I’d bring you a little something to eat...and drink."

我知道你工作有多辛苦,所以我想带给你点什么吃的,喝的。

Tom: "You know, I can't pronounce this wine, which means it's either really expensive or I have had too much."

你知道么,我对这红酒无法做出判断,就是说要么它太贵了,要么我喝太多了。

Nora: "I can't believe that Lynette doesn't just love this place. And if you ask me, she's just a negative Nellie."

我难以相信勒奈特竟然不喜欢这个地方。如果你问我,她是个消极的女人。

Tom: "She's just being realistic. I mean, the restaurant business is brutal. It's..."

她只是太现实了,这种餐馆生意太残酷了。

Nora: "Tom. Listen to me, okay, 'cause I’m a very intuitive person, and you have a real aura of success about you."

汤姆,听我的,好吧,我是个凭直觉的人,我有个强烈的预感你会成功。

Tom: "Come on."

别这样。

Nora: "I'm serious. I believe in you, Tom Scavo."

我是认真的,我相信你。汤姆.斯加沃。

Tom: "Thank you."

谢谢。

Tom: "Wait, wait, what, what, what just happened?"

等等,刚才怎么了?

Nora: "We kissed."

我们接吻了。

Tom: "No, you kissed me."

不,是你吻我。

Nora: "No, no, no, you wanted me to."

不不不,是你想要我这么做的。

Tom: "No, no, no, no, no, I didn't."

不不,我不想。

Nora: "Really? 'Cause this is you. 'My wife doesn't get me. Hey, let's have some more wine alone, in a deserted building.'"

真的吗?看吧,你就是这样, 我妻子不理解我。让我们在这废弃的房子里再喝几杯。

Tom: "I was just looking to vent. I wasn't looking for anything more."

我只想发泄一下,别无他求。

Nora: "Okay, but when opportunity knocks..."

好吧,但机会不请自来。

Tom: "Nora, please! I love my wife!"

诺拉,别这样,我爱我的妻子。

Nora: "Really. You mean, the one who thinks that you're a loser?"

是吗?你意思是,那个认为你是个失败者的人?

Tom: "No, the one that loves me enough to keep me from screwing up and I think it's about time I got back home to her."

不,那是个很爱我,不想让我把事情搞砸的那个。我想是时候回到她身边了。

Nora: "You led me on. You shouldn't have done that."

你哄骗了我,你不应该那么做。

lead sb on

诱使某人相信; 使误信

出处:头条号 @泠子英语

meiguo.com 发布人签名/座右铭Follow Me!
大家都在看
楼主新近贴
回复/评论列表
默认   热门   正序   倒序
meiguo.com 创始人

emotion

1   2021-09-22 02:33:19  回复

回复/评论:用英语友善的质问骗子

暂无用户组 升级
退出
等级:0级
美果:
美过

美国动态 美果转盘 美果商店

Your IP: 18.223.21.5, 2024-04-25 23:25:08

Processed in 0.75392 second(s)

头像

用户名:

粉丝数:

签名:

资料 关注 好友 消息
已有0次打赏
(1) 分享
分享
取消